Sunday, October 12, 2008

Turkey

I don't usually blog on Sundays as you know, but I had to tell you that the turkey turned out beautifully. Brining it really made a difference. I have eaten brined meats before, but that was the first time I had actually done it and the meat was so moist and delicious. In case you wonder, it doesn't cause the meat to be salty, in fact I am not sure how it works really, but work it does. I had to go look it up, for what Wikipedia has to say click here to read all about it. In fact I didn't follow the rest of the recipe. I cooked it in a Reynolds roasting bag which I think is a great way to cook a turkey and leaves little or no mess. The cauliflower was good but it wasn't the best thing to have as the sauce mixed with the gravy. I had forgotten there was so much sauce with that recipe. The wine was good too. Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians. Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Jo, to you and yours and all the Canadians who read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't notice it was today for you ! Happy thanksgiving Jo and Matt !
    and anyone !


    (to SAtima: who is aurelie Pineau this time Satima ?, is she going to speak or is it a new ghost on facebook ? lol !)

    Gynie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you, I appreciate the good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But the sauce mixing with the gravy is often a good thing. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete