Saturday, July 9, 2011

Freebies, Lotsa Books, Kindle, RIP.

All good things have to come to an end. For weeks now we have been getting coupons from our cereal cerealpackets (Fibre 1) for free frozen yoghurt. Unfortunately the campaign has nChapmansow ended. We buy the cereal anyway, don’t know whether other people were encouraged to do so by the campaign, if the sales went up, maybe they’ll do it again. By the way, Fibre 1 is one of those high fibre cereals which does NOT taste like cardboard. Of course in the States it is called Fiber One. We have really been enjoying our frozen yoghurt too, we usually buy Chapman’s, one of our favourites. One thing we never buy is fruit flavoured. Neither of us enjoy that although we enjoy the fruits in their natural state.

I forgkingsofnorth-bigot to mention that I left our friends in Elora piled high with books to read. I think I got 5, a new Elizabeth Moon, Kings of the North and 4 in the Green Rider series about which I know nothing. Then yesterday morning I picked up a library book, The King’s Bastard by Rowena Cory Daniells, which is on inter library loan so I have to read that first. I should have plenty to keep me occupied for a bit.

Then after much hooing and haaing, Matt and I agreed that I should have a Kindle for my birthday, I couldn’t make up my mind whether I wanted one or not but after seeing my friends’ Sony readers, I decided I would like to have one as well as I think I will be able to read it whilst using my treadmill as well as at other times. Also, as I mentioned before, I can download a lot of my Fictionwise ebooks and keep them on the Kindle. The dumb thing was, I ordered the Kindle and decided to order a case for it but for some reason, although the Kindle can be shipped to Canada, the case can not, doesn't make sense.

Sadly the Prince and his Duchess have now left 10 Gallon  HatsCanada and are about to be fĂȘted by the Americans. I think they enjoyed Canada and Canada certainly enjoyed having them visit. Yesterday morning, before they left, they took part in starting off the Calgary Stampede and I love this picture of them in their cowboy hats. What a wonderful young couple they are. They have taken the hearts and minds of many Canadians with them. Also, they have promised to come back for another visit.

I see Betty Ford died at 93 yrs old last night. RIP

This sounds like a good salad although it’s a tad late for the really best, fresh asparagus.

Spring Vegetable Pasta

By A Nutritionist Eats WebMD Recipe from Foodily.com

Picture of Spring Vegetable PastaPasta is one of those foods that much like bread, you can add almost anything to it and it will end up tasting good. The combinations of veggies, cheese and maybe a sprinkling of meat or seafood are endless and ensure that you can have a pasta night, every week. It also comes together quickly; in fact, macaroni & cheese may even take a little longer to make.

This dish came to be from a fridge drawer with some veggies that needed to be used and a pantry full of half-full boxes of pasta. It was a perfect way to get in some vegetables and whole grains, all while enjoying a satisfying meal.

Ingredients

2 cups whole-grain pasta 1 Tbsp olive oil salt, pepper & red pepper flakes 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped 1/2 red pepper, chopped 1/2 white onion, chopped 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1″ long pieces 3 cloves garlic, minced 4 cups arugula parmesan cheese

Instructions

Cook pasta as directed, set aside. Heat olive oil in large pan and add onions, peppers and asparagus. Cook for about 4 minutes. Add garlic, pasta and arugula, seasoning with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese shavings if desired.

Total Servings: 2

Nutritional Information Per Serving

Calories: 443 Carbohydrates: 94.9g Cholesterol: 0mg Fat: 9.3g Saturated Fat: 1.0g Fiber: 13.7g Sodium: 154mg Protein: 19.9g

Have a great weekend

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment