Saturday, August 6, 2011

Stormlord`s Exile, Morning News,

ExileSadly I finished Glenda Larke`s latest book, Stormlord`s Exile. Once again an excellent story, I wanted to get to the end, but then again I didn`t want to finish the book. I think I will be reading it again fairly soon as it was so good and a pretty complicated tale in some ways. Glenda writes  a wonderful tale and I have enjoyed every one of her books. I personally can`t relate the cover to the story, I often wonder if cover artists read the books for which they design covers. Not just this one but as long as I can remember I have found covers which generally have nothing to do with the book. In this book there was some sword fighting, but not that much and who`s this supposed to be anyway? The Australians do a much better job.

Americans are very upset for two reasons this morning, firstly because a Chinook helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan with some 30 people on board, including 25 navy seals and a dog. Unfortunately, if you are going to prosecute a war, this kind of thing happens. Bring ‘em home America. The second reason is because the US has been downgraded from a triple A credit rating to AA+ which will majorly affect the economic situation for the average Joe making borrowing more expensive. Considering the major debt of the country, I am surprised they have retained a triple A credit rating so long. The picture above shows $14 trillion in $100 dollar bills and if you look closely you can just see a person with a red arrow pointing to it.

Yesterday I found a fish recipe in my 3 and 4 Ingredient Cookbook – Matt cooked it and we both enjoyed it, I am certainly going to ensure we have it again. Being lazy, instead of typing up the recipe, I Googled and found exactly the  same recipe from Natasha`s Kitchen so I copied it.

Baked Cod Wrapped in Prosciutto with Tomatoes
Servings: 4Baked Cod Wrapped in Prosciutto
Ingredients:
2 Thick skinless cod fillets (together weighing at least 1 1/2 pounds)
3 oz Prosciutto (1/4 pound), thinly sliced
14 oz Cherry tomatoes on the vine
5 tablespoons Olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper

How to Make Cod Wrapped in Prosciutto:
Preheat the Oven to 425 degrees F.
Pat dry the cod fillets with paper towels and remove any stray bones. Season. Place one fillet in an ovenproof dish and drizzle 1 Tbs  of the oil over it. Cover with the second fillet, laying the thick end on top of the thin end of the lower filet to create an even shape. Lay the ham over the fish, overlapping the slices to cover the fish in an even layer. Tuck the ends of the ham under the fish and tie it in place at intervals with string. Don’t over-season, since the prosciutto provides plenty of salty flavour. 
Add the tomatoes to the dish (even the ones that got loose from the vine). 
Season the fillets and tomatoes LIGHTLY with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining oil. 
Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. The fish should easily flake when pierced with a fork.
Carefully slice the cod and serve the tomatoes on the side.
Generously spoon the cooking juices over the fish and enjoy!
Have a great weekend
Jo_thumb[2]

2 comments:

  1. I await my copy of Stormlord's Exile from The Book Depository. I wish it would hurry up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, of course, a great read.

    ReplyDelete