Saturday, December 10, 2011

New Species, Pain, Trout.

South Africa New CockroachI do not like cockroaches, I never have liked cockroaches and I never will. Now I read they have found a new species in South Africa, it is tiny, but it has the ability to jump 50 ft. How horrid is that? The nickname is a leaproach, it has, of course got a long Latin name which you can find by reading the article. I gather it is not actually a household pest, but to me its still a roach, horrid things.

I haven’t been having a very good time of it the last couple ofShoulder bursitis days or so, I have self diagnosed that I have bursitis in my left shoulder, I have had it for a while, but in the last few days it has decided to really go to town on me and has had me crying with pain. Needless to say I didn’t go bowling yesterday. I was toying with going to Emergency, but couldn’t face sitting in the waiting room, in pain, for hours on end. Obviously bursitis is low on the list of emergencies, however painful.

We were given a lovely, large, speckled trout yesterday by the man who runs the bowling alley on a Friday, well I obviously mean Matt was given it. We ate some of it for supper and Speckled Troutit was delicious. We tried some that he had smoked and it was delicious, I need to look it up, but I know its possible to smoke things in a wok – remember seeing it years ago. We haven’t done any fishing in years, more’s the pity, but this guy is a very keen fisherman. I actually don’t like speckled trout, they laugh at you. Really. We were fishing once and the perishers were looking up at us and quite obviously laughing, probably because  we were close to a dam and they were very well fed!!!!  Last night Matt rolled the trout in seasoned flour and sautéed it in butter. Added slices of lemon to serve. We had fresh flat beans which I forced myself to slice. Good.

I am lolling around at home feeling very sorry for myself, so today I really am not in the right mood to think about finding a recipe, and sorting out pictures for it. I do apologise. I hope I will be back in harness on Monday.

Have a great weekend.

Jo_thumb[2]

2 comments:

  1. Jo, I have had bursitis in my shoulder so badly. Be sure you 'walk' that hand up a door frame or wall so the joint doesn't get frozen although I know that hurts. A doctor told me that. I took a plastic food or storage bag (thin) and cut the bottom off and wore it on my shoulder (attach to bra strap) day and night. It made quite a difference to me. Seemed to keep the 'heat' in. I hope it works for you. I empathize with you. One time I was 3 days from delivering a baby and couldn't stand the thought of going to the hospital and having people move me about! Doctor wouldn't give me anything because I was so close to delivery. Try the plastic! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lulu I appreciate your suggestions and will given them a go. It has eased somewhat this afternoon I am pleased to report, I have actually been wearing a sling so it takes some of the weight off the shoulder.

    Glad you enjoy my blog, always nice to hear.

    ReplyDelete