Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year, 911, She.

Happy New Year

For the first time in years, I don’t expect to be up at midnight tonight and will not see the ball drop in Times Square – I can’t remember the last time I didn’t stay up. I will definitely be toasting it with a glass of champers though even if too early. I guess it will be New Year somewhere in the world when I go to bed.

We didn’t get any mail til Thursday and then I just realised there will be another holiday on Monday. Lovely if you are working, a pain in the neck if you are not.

A list of stupid 911 (999 to Brits) calls was issued yesterday by the police in Chatham, Kent, Ontario. The top one; someone actually called emergency to tell them her cats had eaten her Whopper burger and she wanted another one. The top 10 silliest emergency calls are listed here. The police say they think drink was a factor in some of the calls.

I made a request for She on the radio yesterday, I got Charles Aznavour, what I really wanted was Paul Byrom from Celtic Thunder. Actually I don’t think he is with Celtic Thunder any more, pity.

Yesterday I gave my recipe for Champagne Cocktails, I should say Matt’s recipe, out on the local radio. I thought this would be an appropriate time to share the recipe with you again.

Champagne Cocktails

To each glass Champagne Cocktails

Add 1 cube or 1 tsp sugarI

A small piece of orange zest

A couple of splashes of Angostura Bitters

¼ shot of brandy

Top glass up with chilled champagne.

You do not need to buy expensive champagne for this. You also need to be very careful as these can be lethal (figuratively speaking, of course).

Happy New Year

Jo_thumb[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment