Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Not much of a Blog

I honestly have nothing to write about today. I have spent the best part of the last 3 1/2 weeks feeling sorry for myself and am off to see the doctor once again this morning – for what I’m not really sure. I had to get up extra early in order to get over the major pain attack I have when I first get out of bed. So, my apologies today.

If you were shopping yesterday, hope you managed to get some bargains without getting pepper sprayed, what is the matter with people, nothing is that important surely.

I’ve always liked stuffed mushrooms and have posted recipes for them before, this is a new one, to me, and so I thought I would share it.

Spinach Cheese Mushrooms

Source:  Cooking.com

28 Servings (serving size: 2 each)

Click here to find out more!You'd never know it from the delicious creaminess, but these bite-size hors d'oeuvres are guilt-free.

Spinach Cheese Mushrooms
INGREDIENTS

1/2 pound torn fresh spinach

2 tablespoons water

3/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese

3 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened

1 egg

2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped

1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, divided

56 large fresh mushrooms (about 3 1/2 pounds)

Refrigerated butter-flavored spray

DIRECTIONS

In a saucepan, bring spinach and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain; squeeze dry and finely chop.

In a mixing bowl, beat ricotta and butter until smooth. Beat in egg. Stir in Parmesan cheese, water chestnuts, 3 tablespoons pecans and chopped spinach.

Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use). Spray inside of mushroom caps with butter-flavored spray. Place caps on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Stuff with spinach mixture; sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.

Have a great day

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment