Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pass the Cream, RCMP, Let it Heal

MilkWell, here is a complete reversal, go back to real milk, cheese and cream. I have been drinking skim milk for over 40 years as it was supposed to be better for me although I must admit having tried what pass for fat free cheeses, I never, but never, eat them. If I want cheese, I eat full fat in moderate quantities or not at all. Matt uses 2% milk because he finds skim to taste like chalk and water, I have been using it so long, I don’t notice and Becelregular or full fat milk tastes like cream to me, but guess what, after reading this article, I will be back to regular milk. I will probably continue to use Becel which is margarine a) because I like it and b) because it spreads straight from the fridge, not only that, it is loaded with Omega 3. We do use butter for cooking, but for every day we use Becel. We use a lot of olive or canola oil too.

Big scandal in Canada right now, women RCMP RCMPofficers, or retired officers, are complaining about sexual harassment in the force. This will not reflect well on one of Canada’s icons, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. The women are complaining about everything from bullying to sexual harassment. One wonders how this is all going to turn out. For non-Canadians, RCMP officers in their red jackets is not something one sees very often. Prior to living here I figured one saw them all the time, t’aint so I’m afraid, in fact they don’t dress in their traditional uniform all the time anyway.

Today I am off to Let It Heal – never been to their new location, they are not in an area with which we are familiar, hope we find the place OK. Never understood why they moved so far out. Maybe I will find out tomorrow. Keep your fingers cross for me everyone. I am sick of being in so much pain.

I have no idea what Snickerdoodles are, but they look good enough to eat in this picture and they seem simple enough to make. Bearing in mind my opening paragraph, I would use butter.

Toffee Studded Snickerdoodles

Hershey’s

Ingredients

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened

1/2 cup shorteningToffee Snickerdoodles

1-1/3 cups sugar, divided

2 eggs

2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons cream of tartar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1-1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions

  1. 1 Heat oven to 400°F.
  2. 2 Beat butter, shortening and 1 cup sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs; beat thoroughly. Stir together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in toffee bits.
  3. 3 Stir together remaining 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-1/4-inch balls; roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
  4. 4 Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.

Have a great day

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment