Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kyphoplasty, Heart Surgeon, Angry Man

I am pleased to report that Matt’s Kyphoplasty went very well although we ended up being in the hospital a lot longer than anticipated. After amassing 24 hours there, we are both hoping not to have to go to our local hospital again in a very long time. I must say the incision is miniscule and one would hardly know anything had been done if it weren’t for the fact that his whole back is covered in red iodine. He can’t shower until Friday either, so I guess he’s stuck with it. He appears to be feeling little or no pain, he talked about 1 on a scale of 1 to 10 – I hope that lasts. Friends have said he should let me spoil him, that’s a joke, if he can get on with something, he will, whatever I say. For the moment, he is not allowed to twist or bend so I have no idea how long that will last. He certainly won’t be bowling for a while. Cannot drive for about 24 hours, not that he needs to. So, its all over bar shouting. Adding grateful thanks to the doctor who sent me encouraging information a few days ago.

On WednesdayDwight_Lundell1 a friend posted a link to – what I think – is a very good article about what causes so many of our modern day diseases. The writer, Dr. Dwight Lundell, was talking about the States, but these days, what is happening there health wise is happening everywhere in the Western world. My friend’s doctor hubby says the article lacks attributions, however, to me it makes excellent sense and is very much what we have been practicing in this family for a while now. I gave up on things that were “low fat” a long time ago, principally because they taste like sh*t anyway, I rarely eat anything sugary although Matt does have 1 tsp. of sugar on his cereal every day, and we basically do not buy pre packaged pre prepared foods. My friend commented it was like Dr. Fuhrman’s recommendations.

Forgot to tell you – when we went to the family doc the other day, we were sitting Pissed Offquietly with a couple of others when there was an almighty crash, really made me jump. Then we could see a guy stomping across the parking lot. Matt said he had slammed the door; bearing in mind how the inner and outer door are constructed, I didn’t see how that was possible. Later, after we had seen the doc, we were about to head out when Matt noticed a big hole in the wall where the guy had slammed the inner door back against it. The staff hadn’t seen this yet and were obviously horrified. What idiots some people are. No idea why he was so annoyed, but really!!! Apart from anything else, the place is a brand new building which he has damaged. If I were the doctor I would sue him, don’t know if she will. Apart from anything else, the young lady who was dealing with him is always so nice and polite I cannot see what upset him.

Do you realise I didn’t have any asparagus yesterday. None at all.

This recipe reminds me of one in which prosciutto is used to wrap the asparagus. For some bacon may be a better choice, it is less expensive for a start. I must say I think the asparagus in the picture is pretty puny looking – I get thick juicy asparagus from Barrie’s.

Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus

Food.com
By Charlotte J on May 12, 2006

Bacon Wrapped AsparagusYield: 16-20 spears

About This Recipe

"Easy-to-prepare appetizer. Laurita has a good idea so the asparagus does not over cook, to pre-cook bacon a little.

Ingredients

    • 1 lb fresh asparagus
    • 8 -10 slices bacon

Directions

  1. Wash and trim asparagus spears.
  2. Cut bacon strips in half crosswise.
  3. Wrap one-half strip bacon around each asparagus spear, leaving tip and end exposed.
  4. Lay on a cookie sheet with sides.
  5. Bake in a preheated 400° Fahrenheit oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bacon is cooked.
  6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Have a great day
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment