Thursday, March 20, 2014

Shopping, The Crimea, Cartoon.

The weather people were forecasting freezing rain for Tuesday Shopping cartnight, Wednesday morning. Luckily we escaped it. Matt was able to go for his medical appointment without any problem as well as do his shopping early in the morning. I thought about going shopping too, but just couldn’t persuade myself to get out of bed that early. Don’t know why, all I have to do is throw my clothes on, we don’t clean up until we get back. I like grocery shopping too, but not at 7 in the morning although Matt is quite right, he gets the store to himself with no apparently abandoned shopping carts parked in the aisles or being wheeled along at speed and without heed. I’m surprised more accidents don’t happen.

I have just read a blog by Lover of Words regarding the annexation of Crimea by the Russians. She states her reasons and figures the old days of the Soviet Union are back. I hope to God she is wrong but assuming her facts are accurate I have a fear that she isn’t. What do you think?

This cartoon is specially for Lee regarding his blog yesterday.
Arguing

Here’s a delicious sounding recipe from Recipe.com, I love these rice wrappers.

Cold Vietnamese Spring Rolls

Source: Cooking.com

8 appetizer servings

Rec Image
This is a great vegetarian option for your next cocktail party. Serve with tangy Crushed Peanut and Lime Vinaigrette.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup julienned carrots
2 cups mung bean sprouts
2 cups julienned seeded cucumber
1 cup minced scallions
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
16 rice paper wrappers
Daikon sprout, for garnish
Crushed Peanut and Lime Vinaigrette

DIRECTIONS
Toss first 7 ingredients in large bowl. Dip one rice paper wrapper into cold water. Shake off excess water. Place vegetable filling off-center on rice paper and wrap like a burrito. Repeat with remaining vegetable filling and rice paper wrappers.
DO AHEAD:
Spring rolls may be made up to 4 hours ahead. Cover with damp clean kitchen towel then plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Garnish spring rolls with daikon sprouts and serve with Crushed Peanut and Lime Vinaigrette for dipping.

Have a great day


9 comments:

  1. Being a mom of a house full of boys...the whole world has me on edge. It just feels like a boiling pot that could bubble over at any time. I pray I am just being paranoid.

    In the summer, I will shop at midnight (we have a 24 hour Wal Mart). I only have to weave around the stock men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure you are Elizabeth, I read a very scary article about the collapse of civilisation to which I will be referring in my next blog. Frightened me considerably.

      Don't do it regularly, but I have shopped at midnight and it's a great time to do so.

      Delete
  2. I can't even wrap my head around Russia and what's happening there right now. Prayers...lots of prayers on that one!

    Sure hope spring brings you some warmer weather. And of course, I'm loving the look of those spring rolls!

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right MJ.

      We do too, but not happening today.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tribute. I like to see argument as a reasonable debate rather than angry argument. It's a good way to learn and to come to understandings.

    No argument from me about those spring rolls. I love 'em! Especially good with the weather heats up.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone has the right to their opinion.

    Me too Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, those spring rolls look delish! And the cartoon made me chuckle. Looking forward to the A-to-Z. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they?

      I am too, especially as I am ready for the off.

      Delete