Friday, June 27, 2014

Barrie’s Asparagus

I was visiting Barrie’s Asparagus Farm's Facebook page and found this charming sketch done by one of their customers.

Barrie's Asparagus Sketch

This was done by Betsy Ackford who is a member of a local group who sketch urban scenes. The following picture is a great one of the "modern farmer", Tim Barrie receiving orders on his phone.

Tim Barrie Taking Orders

How things have changed. The Facebook site also has pictures of the 17 (I think) piglets which they are raising this summer. I’ve never tried their pork. Although they haven’t announced the date yet, the asparagus won’t be for sale much longer sadly.

Piggies

I have posted this recipe before, but as this is what we are having for supper tonight, I thought I would share it again.

Cold Quinoa Salad with Chicken and Feta

2 cups cooked quinoa, chilledCold Quinoa Salad
1 small head radicchio, chopped
1 cup cooked chicken, cut in bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup cubed feta cheese
1 small red onion, chopped fine
2 Tbs pine nuts
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Olive oil and vinegar dressing, to serve

1. Toss cooked quinoa, chopped radicchio, cooked chicken, cubed feta cheese, chopped red onion, pine nuts and parsley together until all ingredients are well distributed.
2. Dress the salad with olive oil and red wine vinegar

Servings: 4
Author: The Nourished Kitchen
Source: WebMD

Have a great day
Jo

10 comments:

  1. Poor little pigs went to market...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're on the tail end of the asparagus here too. I got some this week at the store and they were really good. We both love them done in the oven w/ olive oil, garlic & parm so that's the only way I make them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should have tried some of the recipes I posted. Especially the Crispy Asparagus Fries, they are great. One of my favourites. No farm in your area? It really does make a difference.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I thought so too and it does capture the place beautifully.

      Delete
  4. That photo of the piglets reminds me why I'm a pescetarian :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo,

    A very good, very early Saturday morning from England to you. I do like that sketch. Has a down home feel to it. Whatever that means. Good old "Farcebook."

    I think I shall now have some chicken and bacon.

    A lovely weekend to you and yours, Jo.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What on earth are you doing up at 4 in the morning? It is a lovely sketch isn't it?

      Hope you have a great weekend too Gary

      Delete